Trying to get rid of the pet hairs that are stuck to your carpet and couch can be so exhausting, especially if you’re using a vacuum cleaner that doesn’t get the job done properly.
The good news is that there are some vacuum cleaners on the market that can help you get the job done almost effortlessly.
Most of them are designed to remove hairs without much effort on your part. All you have to do is place them in the right place and position, and they’ll get the job done quickly.
Unfortunately, it can take a lot of time and energy, including money to find the best vacuum cleaner that will meet your needs, and last for a reasonable period of time. But don’t worry; we’ve done research for you to find the best vacuum cleaners for pet hairs.
Here is our list of the top machines, including an overview of each of them, their features and who they’re best suited for.
Our favourite vacuum cleaner for pet hairs
|Miele Complete C2 Cat and Dog Vacuum Cleaner
One of the best vacuum cleaners for pet hairs on the market.
|Miele Complete C3 Cat and Dog Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Great for people with pets that shed a lot.
Our number 3
|NUMATIC HVR200-11 Henry Vacuum Cleaner
Great for cleaning large carpets and hard floors with tough pet hairs and dirt.
Miele Complete C2 Cat and Dog Vacuum Cleaner
If you’re tired of buying cheaper vacuum cleaners that only do a fraction of the job and have decided to get a better appliance that can handle the toughest jobs, this is one of the best vacuum cleaners for pet hairs on the market.
Here are some of the most useful features of the Miele Complete C2 Cat and Dog Vacuum Cleaner:
- Comes with a Turbobrush that helps remove pet hairs easily
- Acitve AirClean filter is an amazing feature that facilitates the removal of awful pet odours on carpets and couches
- Features six-stage rotary dial settings that offers you the right power setting for each vacuuming task: carpet, couch, and car
- Generous 10m operating radius gives you more options for cleaning large areas of your home
- Has a volume capacity of 4.5 litres
- A mat setting option that allows you to clean mats without sucking them up is integrated in this machine
- Comes with a 1200 watts of power
As soon as you open this vacuum cleaner’s packaging, you’ll be able to tell it’s a high quality appliance just from the look alone.
It has an appealing aesthetic look with a chrome pole. No wonder it’s one of the favourite choices of customers on the market. It’s very easy to assemble. You can put it together in a few minutes and start using it.
You won’t need to worry about misplacing any of the attachments that come with this vacuum cleaner. The small accessories that come with this tool are neatly stored under the vacuum cleaner lid.
On the vacuum cleaner there are three slots that allow you to position the appliance on its base or sit it down vertically. You’re also able to attach the hose to the vacuum’s head in any of the positions mentioned above.
When it comes to the suction of this vacuum cleaner, it’s simply amazing. It comes with several speed options that allow you to set the machine up for the right surface on which you intent to use it. This helps make hoovering almost effortless.
The suction of this appliance is designed to last for a long time. The majority of the people who have reviewed this vacuum cleaner didn’t notice any loss in suction after using it regularly for several months. This makes it one of the best and most durable vacuum cleaners for pet hairs when compared to other brands.
The turbo brush integrated in this machine offers the most excellent carpet grooming you can find in the market. The turbo brush is designed to handle deep cleaning and hard to remove pet hairs that stack to your carpet or sofa. It also ensures the quick and consistent removal of hair, threads, and fluff from practically all textile floor coverings without pulling any threads of the carpet.
This machine is a bit lighter when compared to other models, so carrying it around the house will not require much effort. Using it for the first time is like driving a brand new car. You will likely not want to put it down.
One of the interesting things that helped this appliance make it to our list of the best vacuum cleaners for pet hairs is its quietness. When in use, it’s so quiet that you can even talk to people on the phone while you’re vacuuming your carpet or couch.
- Easy to assemble and use
- Much quieter than most models
- Excellent suction and power
- Very compact for easy and neat storage
- Perfect for both wooden and carpet floors
- It’s not a bagless vacuum cleaner
- Owners of pets that shed a lot are likely to need to change bags regularly
The Miele Complete C2 Cat and Dog Power Line Bagged Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner is perfect for people of any height. The metal suction tube is extendable and can be used by tall people without hurting their back.
This is also a perfect machine for people that are allergic to dust and want to remove pet smells. The charcoal filter integrated into this appliance is designed to tackle any odour emitted during vacuuming so you won’t smell anything.
If you’ll be doing a lot of stair vacuuming, this is the right choice for you. It is light in weight making it easy for carrying around the house, including up and down stairs.
Unfortunately, this is not the best vacuum cleaner for someone on a tight budget. This machine is fairly expensive, which reflects the quality of its design and construction.
Miele Complete C3 Cat and Dog Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Thinking about replacing an old vacuum cleaner or just looking for one that will give your carpet or couch a fresh new look? If yes, the Miele Complete C3 Cat and Dog Upright Vacuum Cleaner could be a good choice.
Although this model was manufactured by the same company that made Miele Complete C2 Cat and Dog Power Line Bagged Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner reviewed above, there a few differences between the two.
But before I dive into an overview of what this appliance has to offer, let me give you a quick list of the valuable features that helped propel this machine into our list of the top vacuum cleaners for pet hairs.
- Comes with an EcoTeQ floorhead feature that gives you the performance of a 2000 W model while only using 1200 W. In other words, it helps save energy while giving you high performance.
- The AirClean filter is an amazing feature designed to help eradicate awful odours and dust while you’re vacuuming.
- Comes with operation settings that allow you to set the machine up for various types of surfaces including hard floors, carpets, and sofa.
- Comes with an SDR10 hard floor brush designed to give you a high-quality cleaning performance on hard floors.
- This model has a capacity volume of 4.5 litres, an operating radius of 11 metres, and a power of 1200 watts.
This is a terrific, simple to assemble vacuum cleaner that is very easy to use as well. When in operation, this machine sucks so hard that you can see the carpet lifted under the head of the machine.
Because it’s in a cylinder form, you don’t feel the weight of the machine on your arm. This makes hoovering surfaces a lot easier. People that dread using upright vacuum cleaners will enjoy using this model.
This vacuum’s light weight facilitates dragging it up and down stairs. It’s one of the quietest vacuum cleaners we’ve ever come across. It makes surfaces look like brand new again after being vacuumed.
Another interesting thing about this appliance is that you don’t need to move it a lot on surfaces before they become clean. A few whirls on a spot are enough to give your carpet or couch a fresh new look again.
It can be stored perfectly well in a place without the need to take its parts apart like in most machines.
- Very strong with powerful suction
- Easy to carry around
- It’s quiet and durable
- Valuable setting options for different types of surfaces
- Filters dust and awful smells
- Not a bagless vacuum cleaner
- Needs constant replacement of bags
The Miele Complete C3 Cat and Dog Upright Vacuum Cleaner is great for people with pets that shed a lot. It’s also perfect for getting rid of stubborn pet hairs that stay glued to carpets or the couch, no matter the amount of vacuuming you give the surfaces.
Sadly, this is one of the most expensive vacuum cleaners for pet hairs in this list, so it’s not ideal for someone with a tight budget.
NUMATIC HVR200-11 Henry Vacuum Cleaner
This is an innovative product by Henry, one of the leading manufacturers of home appliances, including vacuum cleaners for pet hairs. If you’ve ever used an appliance by Henry before, I’m sure you’ll testify to the above claim.
The NUMATIC HVR200-11 Henry Vacuum Cleaner went through rigorous tests before finally making it to our list of the best vacuum cleaners for pet hairs.
In our quest to determine the performance of this machine, we discovered some amazing features. Below are some of the most valuable:
- Comes with a volume capacity of 9 litres
- Weighs 8 kg making it easy to carry around the house
- Voltage of 230 volts
- Operating radius of 26.8 metres
- 10m cable with rewind system for easy storage
- Easily foldable handle with click lock facility
- Designed to clean different types of surfaces
- Comes with an upholstery brush for cleaning carpets and couches
If your main goal is to find a vacuum cleaner with incredible suction power, this is it. This appliance is a strong machine for doing heavy-duty vacuuming. In other words, it’s an incredible appliance for cleaning a big house with large carpets and sofas.
The NUMATIC HVR200-11 Henry Vacuum Cleaner comes with various types of attachments with three separate bags. A long hose is also included in the package which is useful for hoovering the edges of the stairs.
With two different suction power options to choose from, this appliance can handle the world’s dirtiest carpets, and give them a fresh new look again. The suction power of this beast is so strong that it will pull carpets up if care is not taken while using it.
The NUMATIC HVR200-11 Henry Vacuum Cleaner uses amazing energy-saving technology as soon as you turn it on. The voluminous 9 litre dust bag that comes with this machine ensures that dust and dirt are collected in a convenient quantity to facilitate the disposal. A bag is included in the package making it easy for you to start using this vacuum cleaner as soon as it’s delivered to your house.
Besides the above characteristics, this vacuum cleaner is simple and easy to use. Putting the parts together is very easy—even a child could assemble it. Additionally, it’s very easy to take it apart for cleaning and maintenance.
- Strong and durable
- Great suction power
- Great for heavy duty cleaning
- Ideal for people of any height. It shouldn’t cause back strain
- Ideal for various types of surfaces
- Four wheels for extra mobility
- Comes with valuable accessories
- Extremely powerful suction power
- Sturdy and requires lots of effort to move around
- Will lift up loose carpet due to suction power
Due to the power of the suction of this machine, it’s not ideal for someone in need of vacuum cleaner designed specifically for pet hairs.
However, the NUMATIC HVR200-11 Henry Vacuum Cleaner is one of the best vacuum cleaners for cleaning large carpets with hard-to-remove pet hairs and dirt, including hard floors.
Unfortunately, this machine is a bit weighty and is not suitable for use by an elderly person.
Vax Air Lift Steerable Pet Max Vacuum Cleaner
The Vax Air Lift Steerable Pet Max Vacuum Cleaner is an exceptional vacuum cleaner with unique features. Testing this device was not only interesting but also lots of fun.
- 5 litre volume capacity
- Comes with a lift away feature to facility mobility
- Upright vacuum
- Turbo tool ideal for stairs and upholstery
- Fur and fluff tool for handling pet hairs
- Portable lift out cylinder
- Multi-cyclonic quality for suction power retention
- Steerable technology feature to facilitate navigation in hard to reach places
This is a bagless vacuum cleaner for pet hairs with strong suction power. It is light in weight and upright, with a portable lift-out cylinder that facilitates its use in cars, stairs, and beyond floor cleaning.
The steerable technology feature makes it easy to use this machine around and underneath furniture, including hard-to-reach places that most vacuum cleaners cannot reach.
One fascinating thing about this appliance is that you don’t need to carry the whole machine around when using it; the cylinder is light in weight and can be moved about with much ease.
This is considered one of the best vacuum cleaners for pet hairs because of the TurboTool feature. This feature is designed to get rid of entrenched dirt and pet hairs on carpets, and other surfaces around the house.
When the TurboTool is attached to the hose of the vacuum, the combined power of the strong suction and high speed rotating brushes help remove pet hairs, furs, and dirt with much ease.
This is done on the machine’s quiet mode. In other words, this appliance is quiet and works efficiently. Besides using it to clean your carpet, it’s also ideal for cleaning your car, upholstery, and the stairs.
- Strong suction power
- Light in weight and easy to move around
- Ideal for cleaning stairs, upholstery, carpets with pet hairs
- Reaches awkward places easily
- Comes with a 10 metre long cord
- Adjustable suction power options for different surfaces
- The On & Off buttons and the brush switch can be confusing
- Can be difficult to manipulate for the first time
- May be a bit heavy for some users
Being an upright vacuum cleaner, the Vax Air Lift Steerable Pet Max Vacuum Cleaner is perfect for people with back problem. In other words, it is ideal for people that have difficulty in bending down or handling heavy objects.
Additionally, it is a perfect machine for people living in small houses. The removable handle can be attached to the hose and the other vacuum heads so that the machine can reach tight spaces that other vacuum cleaners cannot reach.
Vax H85-GA-P18 Gator Pet Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
With the number of handheld cordless vacuum cleaners in the market today, buying one is more difficult than ever before. It’s no longer easy to come across a cordless vacuum device that can withstand regular use without breaking down early.
The good news is that, you don’t have to go through a lot of trials and errors to find the best cordless vacuum cleaner that meets your needs, and can withstand regular constant use. The Vax H85-GA-P18 Gator Pet Cordless Vacuum Cleaner is one of the best in the market.
- 155 watts of power
- 18 volts
- Volume capacity of 0.3 litres
- Runs up to 20 minutes when fully charged
- Light in weight for easy mobility
- Simple and easy to empty
- Motorised TurboTool for eradicating pet hairs easily
- Comes with a crevice tool for cleaning awkward places
This is one of the most powerful and best cordless handheld vacuum cleaners for pet hairs. It’s perfect for quick cleaning around the house and the car.
When fully charged, it can run for more than 20 minutes without breaking down. Its light weight makes it easy for carrying around the house. It has the ability to reach hard to reach places for proper cleaning.
The fact that this device is battery powered may put a seed of doubt on your mind. You’ll be wrong if you doubt this beast. Its 155 watts makes it a strong machine with a powerful suction feature. When it’s properly charged and running, you’d forget that it’s actually a battery powered machine.
For people with pets that shed a lot, this machine is perfect for getting rid of pet hairs that stack to carpets and refuse to get off. Additionally, it’s a strong appliance for household cleaning chores and also vacuuming inside the car.
If you have lots of places that are hard to reach around your house, this device will get you covered. It comes with a snout that you can pull out from the front and introduce it to the awkward places and get all the dirt out within seconds.
Cleaning this vacuum cleaner is a breeze. You simply remove the filter, which is easy to do, then rinse it under a tap and leave it to dry before inserting it back into the machine. With this hand held vacuum cleaner, you can get your carpet and car clean without worry.
- Strong and powerful cordless vacuum
- Light weight for easy carrying
- Perfect for stairs, carpets, and cars
- Reaches awkward and tight places
- Runs for 20 minutes when fully charged
- Powerful suction
- Takes longer time to fully charge
- Not easy to store
- Feels heavy when held in a wrong position
If you intend to buy a cordless vacuum cleaner exclusively for your household needs, the Vax H85-GA-P18 Gator Pet Cordless Vacuum Cleaner could be the right device for you. It can handle your vacuuming chores for a while but it’s not designed for heavy duty cleaning and regular use.
On the other hand, it’s perfect for quick and convenience cleaning around the house such as the stairs, inside the kitchen, the carpet, and those tight spaces in the house and inside your car.
In The Wash is your guide to the best laundry and cleaning products, tips and tricks. Our mission is to solve the UK’s cleaning and laundry dilemmas!