Are you tired of struggling to clean between your sliding shower doors?
Sometimes that stubborn grime and dirt build-up seems impossible to remove. It not only looks unsightly but can also make your shower experience less enjoyable.
That’s why we’ve put together this article to help you effectively clean between those tricky sliding shower doors.
We’ll provide you with some tips and tricks to make the process easier, so you can have a sparkling clean shower every time.
So, if you’re ready to bid farewell to those disgusting stains and build-ups, let’s dive into the article!
Materials You May Need
To clean between sliding shower doors effectively, you’ll need the right tools and materials. Here’s a list of items you may need:
- A cleaning solution – Choose a cleaning solution that works for your shower doors and the type of dirt and stains you’re dealing with.
- Sponge or cloth – Use a soft sponge or cloth to apply the cleaning solution and wipe down the door and tracks.
- Toothbrush or small scrub brush – Use a toothbrush or small scrub brush to scrub the hard-to-reach areas and remove stubborn grime and build-up.
- Squeegee – Use a squeegee to remove excess water from the door and tracks after cleaning.
- Microfibre towel – Use a microfibre towel to dry the door and tracks thoroughly after using the squeegee.
Having these materials on hand will make cleaning between sliding shower doors much quicker.
You may also want to wear rubber gloves to protect your hands from harsh chemicals in some cleaning solutions.
Different Cleaning Solutions You Can Use
There are a variety of cleaning solutions that can be used to effectively clean between sliding shower doors. Here are some options you can try:
Vinegar and water
Add equal parts of white vinegar and water in a spray bottle. Spray it generously onto tracks and leave it for a few minutes. Scrub with a sponge or toothbrush, then rinse with water.
Bicarbonate of soda and water paste
Mix bicarbonate of soda and water to create a paste. Apply the paste onto the door and tracks, then scrub with a toothbrush. Rinse with water.
Commercial shower cleaners
There are many commercial shower cleaners available on the market. Look for a cleaner that specifically targets soap scum and hard water stains.
Follow the instructions on the label for best results.
Lemon juice and water
Combine equal amounts of lemon juice and water in a spray bottle. Spray the solution onto the sliding tracks, then let it sit for a few minutes.
Scrub with a sponge or toothbrush, then rinse with water.
Hydrogen peroxide and water
Add together equal parts of hydrogen peroxide and water in a spray bottle. Spray the solution onto the door and tracks and allow it to work itself in for a bit.
Scrub with a sponge or toothbrush, then rinse with water.
Before using any cleaning solution, always test a small area first to ensure that it doesn’t damage the surface.
Choose the cleaning solution that works best for you and the materials of your shower doors.
How to Clean Between Sliding Shower Doors
Cleaning between sliding shower doors can be a challenging task, but with the right process, it can be done effectively.
Follow these steps to clean your shower doors and tracks:
Step 1: Remove any visible dirt or debris
Use a dry cloth or paper towel to wipe down the door and tracks and remove any visible dirt or debris.
Step 2: Apply cleaning solution to the door and tracks
Spray the cleaning solution onto the door and tracks, making sure to cover all areas.
Step 3: Scrub the tracks with a toothbrush or small scrub brush
Use a toothbrush or small scrub brush to scrub the tracks and remove any dirt or grime. Make sure to get into all the corners and crevices.
Step 4: Wipe down the door and tracks with a sponge or cloth
Use a sponge or cloth to wipe down the door and tracks, making sure to remove all dirt and cleaning solution.
Step 5: Squeegee the door and tracks to remove excess water
Use a squeegee to remove any excess water from the door and tracks. Start at the top and work your way down, making sure to remove all water.
Step 6: Dry the door and tracks with a microfibre towel
Use a microfibre towel to dry the door and tracks thoroughly, making sure to get into all the corners and crevices.
By following these steps, you can effectively clean between sliding shower doors and remove any dirt, grime, or build-up.
Make sure to use the appropriate cleaning solution and materials for your shower doors and consult a professional if you’re not sure.
With regular cleaning, your shower doors will remain sparkling clean and enjoyable to use.
Tips and Tricks
Cleaning between sliding shower doors can be made easier with these tips and tricks:
- Use a Magic Eraser – Magic Erasers are highly effective in removing stubborn stains and build-up on shower doors. Wet the Magic Eraser and scrub the affected areas, then rinse with water. They can be bought cheaply in most supermarkets.
- Clean your shower doors regularly – Regular cleaning will prevent build-up and make the cleaning process easier in the long run.
- Use a mixture of vinegar and dish soap – For extra cleaning power, mix equal parts of white vinegar and dish soap in a spray bottle. Spray onto the door and tracks, let it sit for a few minutes, then scrub and rinse with water.
- Use Rain-X – Rain-X (available on Amazon here) is a product used for car windshields that repels water. It can also be used on shower doors to prevent water spots and make cleaning easier.
- Use a shower squeegee after each use – After each shower, use a shower squeegee to remove excess water from the door and tracks. This will prevent water spots and make cleaning easier.
- Use dryer sheets to remove water spots – Wet a dryer sheet and use it to scrub away water spots on the shower doors.
These tips and tricks can make cleaning between sliding shower doors easier and more effective. Try them out and see what works best for you and your shower doors.
Cleaning between sliding shower doors may seem like a daunting task, but with the right materials, process, and tips and tricks, it can be done effectively and efficiently.
By following the steps outlined in this article, you can remove dirt, grime, and build-up from your shower doors and maintain their sparkling cleanliness.
Regular cleaning and maintenance can also prevent build-up and make the cleaning process easier in the long run.
Remember to consult a professional or refer to the manufacturer’s instructions if you’re not sure which materials or cleaning solutions to use.
With a little effort and the right approach, you can enjoy clean and beautiful shower doors for years to come.
In The Wash is your guide to the best laundry and cleaning products, tips and tricks. Our mission is to solve the UK’s cleaning and laundry dilemmas!