With so many new brands appearing all of the time it’s hard to choose appliances these days. Do you want to stick to household brand names or try something that’s more affordable? This question leads us to LOGIK. You will more than likely have heard of the brand LOGIK, they make televisions, multiple small appliances and of course, washing machines for affordable prices. But are they any good?
Who makes LOGIK washing machines?
If you’ve been browsing Currys’ website, you will have seen LOGIK products in your search results. When looking on other sites though, you probably won’t see the LOGIK name come up. This is because LOGIK is owned by Currys, which is itself owned by Dixons Carphone plc.
LOGIK washing machines vary in price, from around £170 for an A+ energy rated, 6 kg capacity machine to just under £350 for an A+++ energy rated, 7kg capacity, integrated machine. So already the higher end price meets that of more established brand mid-priced machine. The lower priced washing machines are, of course, a really good price for those who don’t have much to spend on appliances, so kudos to Currys for that!
What are the Pros and Cons of LOGIK washing machines?
Like every brand, there are pros and cons, so let’s take a look at all the things that are great about LOGIK and some things that aren’t quite as wonderful:
- Very inexpensive
- Perfect for first-time buyers or people on a budget
- Also great for people living on their own
- Basic functions similar to other brand washing machines
- One-year manufacturer’s warranty
- Models vary from A+ to A+++ energy rating
- Have models in black and in white
- Not so well suited for regular to intense usage
- Build quality is reflected by the price
- There’s not much information about obtaining spare parts
- Also restricted information available from Currys’ Team KnowHow service
- Could be difficult to get fixed after the warranty is over
- Noisy when running
So what is the verdict, are LOGIK washing machines any good?
Overall, one of the most desirable features of the LOGIK washing machines is the price. If you want to keep to a budget, they may look perfect. It is known however, that price can reflect the build quality of a washing machine and in this case, sadly it might.
If you will be using your washing machine more than once daily, you may want to consider a different brand with higher build quality. However, if you live alone and have a strict budget, this would be a good option to go for.
There are multiple cons to the LOGIK brand, including a limited service for troubleshooting and increased chances of needing spare parts, but no guarantee after one year. However, for such a low-priced washing machine, it does what it needs to.